What are the age restrictions for shows at the Mucky Duck?
- McGonigel's Mucky Duck welcomes children and we offer children's programming throughout the year. Children's parents are also welcome (and required) to attend these shows with their children.
- Our shows are 21+ unless the underage guest is accompanied by their parent(s). We do check i.d.'s.
- Children over the age of one need to have a ticket for admittance - if they are taking a seat, they will need a ticket.
Where are you and when are you open?
Our address is:
2425 Norfolk (two blocks North of 59 (Southwest Freeway) one block East of Kirby Drive)
Houston, Texas 77098
Monday thru Saturday: 11:00 am - 2am
We are usually closed for New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
How does ticketing work?
- All sales are FINAL. Tickets may NOT BE REFUNDED or EXCHANGED for another show.
- All shows are 21+. Anyone under the age of 21 must be accompanied by their parent(s).
- All tickets are will-call, which is to say that there are no physical tickets - you will receive an email confirmation of your ticket purchase and your name will be on a list at the door.
- Tickets are put on sale as soon as a show is confirmed.
- Tickets are available (cash only) at McGonigel's Mucky Duck. We do NOT sell tickets over the phone.
- At 5 pm on the day of the show, tickets will no longer be available for purchase online.
- Any remaining tickets can be purchased at the door (cash only).
- Please bring your email confirmation and a valid photo ID for proof of age and ticket purchase.
- Reserved seats are held until showtime. Seats will be released at that time (you will still have entry, but it will be general admission).
- A NON-REFUNDABLE $5.00 per ticket service charge will be added to the purchase price of each ticket sold online - in the instance of a show cancellation the service charge will not be refunded.
- The name in the 'Shipping Address' portion of your order will be the name your tickets are held under at the door - if you are buying tickets for someone else, indicate their name in these fields.
Where will my seat be?
Seating is arranged in the order of ticket purchase with preferred seating given to those who have purchased seated tickets and will be dining at the Duck. Please let us know that you will be dining.
What does standing-room-only mean?
SRO - Standing Room Only means that all of our seats have been sold and the only space left is a standing area at the bar.
If a show is SOLD OUT, it means that there is no room left. There is no waiting list. We cannot re-sell tickets.
If the show is standing-room-only, can I bring my own chair?
If another chair would fit it would already be there. Sorry, but you can't bring your own chair or camp stool.
May I take pictures during the performance?
No video or audio recording is permitted without the express permission of the artist or artist management.
No flash photography is permitted during performances. Silence is Golden and the rule.
Silence is requested while the performer is on stage. Our patio is available for our guests who wish to visit and talk or use their cellphones.
McGonigel's Mucky Duck is a full service restaurant with a large selection of specialty beers and an extensive selection of wine.
We serve dinner during the show. We encourage you to arrive an hour before show time to give our kitchen adequate time to prepare your meal. In the event that we have 2 shows on one night, weather permitting, you can have dinner before the show on our patio, otherwise we will admit you approximately15 minutes before showtime and you can order dinner after you are seated.
We have an excellent selection of boutique beers and an extensive wine list. No outside food or beverages are allowed.
Does the Mucky Duck have an arrangement with a local hotel?
We have a special rates with our neighbor hotel. You must ask to book "in house" at the "Mucky Duck rate."
Courtyard Houston-West University
2929 Westpark Dr · Houston, Texas 77005
Contact: Rebecca Hundersmark - Sales Manager
Cell - 832-214-6215
- Rate start at $79.00 based on availability.
(all rates subject to sales tax)
- (713) 576-3766 Direct Number
- (713) 661-4660 Main Number
The hotel allows quick access to the world renowned Texas Medical Center, home to MD Anderson Cancer Center. We offer complimentary shuttle service(within 3 miles). The hotel is centrally located in the Greenway Plaza - West University area, minutes away from Lakewood Church, Reliant Park, Galleria, world class Museum district, Downtown Houston, Rice University, and a variety of upscale restaurants and nightlife. The hotel is conveniently located 1 mile from the Metro light rail. On-site amenities include Courtyard Cafe for hot breakfast daily, outdoor pool/whirlpool, exercise room, library with books and complimentary high speed internet access. You can count on Courtyard by Marriott West University to exceed your expectations.
- Complimentary High Speed Internet
- Large efficient work desk
- Spacious rooms with king or double beds. Full size sofa beds available in king rooms.
- Dual line dataport telephones with voicemail
- Iron, ironing boards, coffee makers, and hair dryers in all rooms
- King suites available with wet bar and refrigerator
Ask to book "in house" at the Mucky Duck rate.